Translation Verification instead of Back Translation
Less-resource intensive | better documentation | higher quality
Speakers: cApStAn’s founding partners Steve Dept and Andrea Ferrari
Recorded Live on Sept. 22, 2021 | Duration: 1 hr.
In this webinar, the speakers will tell you why experts judge that the back translation design is inadequate, but also why the gold standard does not need to be costlier.
– To evaluate the quality and semantic equivalence of translated tests or questionnaires, what is regarded as good practice in 2021?
– What are the typical issues back translation will and will not detect?
– What are the alternatives to back translation?
– What do they use in international large-scale assessments (ILSAs) such as PISA, TIMSS, PIAAC or PIRLS? What do they use in international attitudinal surveys (Pew GAP, ESS)?
– Did some large-scale programs switch from back translation to translation verification?
– How does this affect cost? What do we get for our money?
Stay tuned till the end of the webinar for a 15-minute Q&A session that took place with the speakers.
Fill out the form to receive the webinar recording and presentation slides: