On-Demand Webinar | Why Translatability Assessment works for your Multilingual Tests
Why Translatability Assessment works for your Multilingual Tests
Speaker – Marielle Lerner, Localization Specialist
Recorded on Oct. 29, 2020| Duration: 25 Minutes
Translatability Assessment, a method for optimizing source items for translation and adaptation, can be an integral step in the design of multilingual tests. The process helps raise awareness of translation and adaptation issues for item writers who may not be familiar with the linguistic aspects of producing multilingual test versions.
Watch this 25-minutes on-demand webinar, originally presented at ITC 2018, to learn more about Translatability Assessment and how it might be useful for your high-stakes multilingual tests and assessments.
Marielle Lerner, Localization Specialist at cApStAn, demonstrates the types of issues Translatability Assessment can address, and the variety of solutions for resolving them.
Fill out the form to receive the webinar recording and slides right in your inbox!
Fill out the form to receive the webinar recording and presentation slides:
Marielle Lerner, Localization Specialist
Marielle Lerner learned French from her Swiss family, and studied Latin and Italian at the University of Pennsylvania and Università di Bologna. She learned Spanish while teaching English in Bogotá, Colombia. She has a BA and PhD in linguistics from UPenn, where she researched child language acquisition of Spanish as it applies to language variation and change. Prior to joining cApStAn, Marielle worked as a lecturer in linguistics and ESL at UPenn.
Explore our resources on test and assessment translation
- cApStAn’s Modular Approach to a Test or Survey Translation Process
- The Chaos Management Skills Assessment Series: A Test Translation Case Study Episode 1 Retrieving and leveraging existing translations
- How a test “travel agent” can help identify the most efficient workflows when assessments, or components thereof, don’t all travel the same routes
- On-Demand Webinar | Why Translatability Assessment works for your Multilingual Tests
- Cross-cultural variations in the meaning of emotions and challenges in translation, especially when the stakes are high