Currently recruiting: Language Industry Technical Solutions and Innovation Manager
Technical solutions and innovations manager
cApStAn is a high-profile language service provider with a holistic approach to multilingual projects: this ranges from translatability assessments to preparation of glossaries and translation guidelines, to delivering translations that are fit for purpose. We specialize in translation and adaptation of data collection instruments (assessments, questionnaires, simulation exercises, psychological tests). Our core team consists of 22 linguists and translation technologists, with offices in Brussels and Philadelphia, and we have a network of over 700 contributing experts . For more information, you can visit the company’s website at https://www.capstan.be/
Summary of the role
The Technical solutions and innovations manager will directly manage and lead a team of four and will be joining a company who is at the forefront of linguistic quality assurance and translation in sensitive multilingual projects. In order to achieve quality excellence in this challenging environment, project workflows often require automation and innovative technical solutions.
We are seeking an experienced localization professional, who will lead all technical efforts in the company, including research and development in localization technology and solutions. As head of the technical department, you and your team will be closely involved in the development and implementation of technical solutions to support the operations team in their interactions with clients, always with a focus on automation.
This strategic hire will report to the company’s CEO in Brussels.
- Scrutinize the translation technology markets to identify and lead strategic partnerships, keeping up to date with new market trends and research findings in the fields of CAT and other translation-related tools, including artificial intelligence, etc.
- Coach and directly manage a team of 2 full time collaborators, and 2 part time collaborators who also perform project management work. Mentor, guide and facilitate career development of these team members. Ensure optimal task allocation and resource maximization.
- Define and drive the agenda of the technical solutions and innovations team on an ongoing basis.
- Support the operations team in their endeavours to deliver a seamless service to the company’s clients and initiate process optimizations in consultation with them.
- Lead and define implementation of infrastructure in localization processes when required.
- Oversee management of the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Oversee development and management of automated processes to minimize low value/repetitive tasks.
- Identify gaps or inefficiencies in the use of tools within the team and define improvement actions and new solutions.
- Inform multifunctional teams (operations, external HR, business development, finance) to ensure that an efficient approach to execution of technical solutions is guaranteed.
- Master’s degree or advanced university degree with substantial experience in both translation industry and translation technology.
- At least 3 years in a similar role and business segment.
- Leadership, communication, innovation, and operational excellence are part of your DNA.
- Experience in project management methodology, change management and team coaching.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to collaborate and influence to meet business objectives and deliver an improved customer experience.
- Problem solving skills, analytic ability, and detail oriented.
- Advanced knowledge of CAT tools and translation technology.
- Advanced knowledge of XML and related technologies and localization data exchange standards.
- Excellent command of English.
- Regular presence in the Brussels office.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Odoo and OmegaT.
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Knowledge of NLP and programming languages (e.g., Python, Java).
- Knowledge of internationalization standards.
- Knowledge of NMT systems and domain adaptation.
- You will join a stable and growing company of substantial international presence.
- The type of work you will encounter is like no other, due to the specificity of the company’s workflow. This is a great opportunity for learning and expanding knowledge and skills.
- With this varied and exciting position, you will actively contribute to the success and growth of our organization.
- You will work in a pleasant multicultural and multilingual environment where each individual makes a difference in an “excellence among friends” dynamics.
- We offer a competitive salary and promote remote work and flexibility.
Please reply to HR@capstan.be