Who we are
With offices in Brussels and Philadelphia, cApStAn mainly delivers linguistic services to international and national organisations, research institutes, market research companies and two GAFAs.
We have built up an undisputable expertise and an academic reputation in multilingual international assessments, surveys, opinion polls, psychological tests, accreditation exams and market research questionnaires – niches with highly sensitive linguistic quality needs.
We pride ourselves in providing our clients with advanced linguistic solutions before, during and after translation.
We have been organically growing in niche markets so far but now, we want to gear up and expand our client base. As the first full-time member of the sales team in Brussels, you will have the great opportunity to develop valuable business know-how for the company but also for yourself.
We are looking for a Brussels-based sales specialist who will be able to generate leads and close deals in existing and new markets. You may have to travel abroad from time to time to promote our services.
Set up and develop relationships with prospective clients
Design commercial canvassing strategies and generate quality leads with prospects
Prepare complex proposals and follow up with quotations
Maintain and feed the CRM with leads
Participate in international conferences and be our commercial ambassador
Skills and experience required:
Highly proficient in written and spoken English and at least one other language (French or Dutch)
University degree or equivalent professional experience
Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales of linguistic services (or similar B-to-B services)
Proven track record in delivering business growth
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Self-driven, highly motivated and proactive
Ability to effectively communicate with in-house project leaders
Demonstrated organizational, multi-tasking, time management, planning, and project management skills
Ability to learn new technologies on an on-going basis
Integrity and strong business ethics
Your activity will be tracked against achievement of quarterly and annual sales targets.
We provide a working environment that will foster your professional and personal development. The momentum is already there, and you will set up a sales force that will have a genuine impact on our company. You will have opportunities to actively shape your benefit package. You will also be part of a dynamic team with a strong focus on respect, integrity and team spirit.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All colleagues we work with are experienced translators and/or teachers
- All have one or more higher education degrees (philology, translation, sociology or educational science)
- Most are found through our University network and are recommended by scholars (in the target language)
- All go through a vetting procedure (verification test: assessment item verification with planted errors, complex workflow; translation test: complex instructions, short specialised translation using a CAT tool)
- All verifiers will be trained to use intervention categories and to formulate comments so as to provide feedback that is relevant for Countries / Local Agencies / Main Contractors / Researchers
- There is an evaluation (and feedback) after each project